Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Playing with Clay

Working at an art studio gives me the chance to play around with a variety of mediums. One of my favorites is clay. I like the clay that is grey when unfired and turns white when fired.

One of my most recent works-in-progress is a kind of free-form bowl that I built from a slab of clay and textured with various items that were available to me that day.

I'm calling this my rose bowl, hee hee. I have been practicing making clay roses and get better each time I try. 

I love experimenting as often as I can. It keeps the creative juices and ideas flowing. Even though I am a novice, I know that experimenting and playing around with mediums will always lead to improvements and new ideas.

What mediums do you allow yourself to experiment with?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...