Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Desert Botanical Gardens

Chihuly Glass - beautiful!
Brian & the big cactus. It is
an impressive cactus.



My OM (one moment) this week I made myself. I saw an opportunity to visit the Desert Botanical Gardens here in Phoenix for free today. I just happened to see their facebook post saying admission was free today from 1-8. They have what I'm thinking is a very cool butterfly exhibit. So after work, I called my friend Brian of BHarrison Arts and he and I went together.


Joshua Tree
Gorgeous night. The monarch butterfly
exhibit was already closed. Oh well that
just means I have to go back. We were
only there for about an hour but it was the most peaceful hour I have had in ages.




 Outside, listening to crickets and not much else, wonderful weather and fascinating plants. I'm glad I went at night this first time because now I can't wait to see what it is like during the day. It is amazing the number of different cacti that are here. So much texture. It was very good for my soul and a great way to end a stressful workday.


 



It's the shadows that
intrigued me here.


More wonderful glass.

















 



Love this glass!












om [one moment] meet up  OM was started by Linda Demers over at alamodestuffblog . You can link up and share about your 'one moment' each week when you just stop to 'take notice'. This is my first OM post in a while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend an evening. What a treat. You'll have to do mini retreats like that more often. There is always something great going on in our community. It's just a matter of seeking it out and going!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...