Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fused Glass Class Two


 I am having so much fun in this Intro to Fused Glass Class at Phoenix Center for the Arts!

Class #2 was all about 'cutting practice'. Really, scoring and breaking. Since I live for the challenge of the creative process, my design required a lot of practice. Needless to say, I am much better at cutting 1/4 (approx) pieces of glass now than I was at the start. 

My coasters Before firing:
 In all their imperfect glory.     :-)



My coasters After firing:
Happy with the finished product. They were pretty forgiving. 


My coaster design was inspired by the designs of Piet Mondrian. Here are some resources if you want to learn more about him and/or his work:

Enchanted Learning site - for art activities based on his work.

Artcyclopedia site - inspiration, photos of Mondrian's work and more.

Encyclopedia.com site - facts about Mondrian

As always, click on photos in the post to see larger versions. And please remember I welcome your comments.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...